Saturday, October 1, 2016

Hello World Blog Hop!


Good morning friends!
I am so excited to be a part of the, "Hello World Blog Hop!" Many of you may know Jennifer Ingle from, Just Jingle Blog! Her husband Sean is a teacher in a school where most kids are on a free and reduced lunch program, they don’t have computers at home or at school and the school doesn’t have the funds for a curriculum.  In the spirit of giving his students the best education he can provide, Sean is working to raise funds to purchase computers for his classroom.  You can read more here:  https://www.donorschoose.org/project/chromebooks-for-urban-education/2208813/
Since I am also a school teacher, this tugged at my heartstrings!  So Catherine Pooler got a bunch of us gals together to create projects using BRAND NEW stamps created just for this cause! It is called,"Hello World!" 

These gorgeous butterflies were stamped several times using my Misti.  They were colored with my Zig Water color markers.  I added a bit more depth with colored pencils, and even cut two of the butterflies out and popped them up using foam adhesive.  I masked all of the butterflies and stamped the background. Each circle was colored in with red and given a bit of glossy accents.  I added a few sequins and some twine to finish it off.  
All profits from the sale of this stamp set and the coordinating dies from Saturday October 1 - Friday, October 7 will purchase computers and other school supplies for Sean’s classroom in Boston.
I can’t wait to see how this week unfolds and how many computers we can provide for these kids!!!

We are beside ourselves excited to raise money to purchase computers for these kids...how can you become a contributing member of society these days if you don’t know how to use a computer?

All designers were sent a goodie pack of stamps on Friday.  On October 1, we will be releasing the following products into the store:

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Be sure to stop by all of these talented ladies' blogs for more inspiration!!
Let's Get these kiddos some computers shall we?


32 comments:

Aunt Mary said...

great card--love the butterflies. So colorful and cheerful

Ingrid said...

Okay Michelle - I think your card is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE cards ever! Seriously. This is just stunning. I love the mixed media feel to it. Absolutely brilliant!! :)

Unknown said...

Butterflies are a passion of mine and yours are just gorgeous. TFS

Jingle said...

Breathtaking. Michele, your designs always leave me breathless. This is no exception. Thank you so very much for being a part of this very important blog hop today! I am honored that you have offered your time and talent to help Sean's students. Thank you.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Love the butterflies! Tfs

Susan Powell said...

WOW! I don't think I have a word to say how much I love this!! The colors are so vibrant and fun and the flying butterflies give me a feeling of calm - it's stunning!

Unknown said...

Omg those butterflies are so bright and colorful and stinking GORGEOUS! I love this card!

Sabrina said...

Gorgeous card and I love those butterflies!!!

Unknown said...

This card with certainly make anyone smile!! Beautiful!

loceanjo said...

Love the butterflies, especially the upside down one!

Russell Productions said...

Beautiful, that's all I can say.

Unknown said...

Your card is really gorgeous!

barbara macaskill said...

Please excuse me while I sit here for a while drinking in every little detail of this breathtaking card! My jaw is on the floor and my eyes are popping out of my head! Absolute perfection! My heart is racing as I look at it!! Thank you for sharing such a beautiful creation! <3

Susan K said...

Your card is ready to take flight! Thanks for sharing - you made my day!

wienerhoneymooners said...

STUNNING!!!!!!!!

Ebrown said...

Beautiful colors - love the dimension - great job!

Kristie Goulet said...

WOW! This is just amazing, Michele!!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Your colorful butterflies are adorable! Great color and design!

Jo Ann Lovell said...

Love, love this card. So colorful and cheerful. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

This card is a "Show Stopper"!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love butterflies and these are gorgeous.
The colors are bold and bright and wonderful.
thanks for sharing an amazing card.

Karen said...

Beautiful card. I love the bold colors.

Denise Bryant said...

Gorgeous butterflies! Love the bold colors!

~amy~ said...

ABsolutely STUNNING, as always.

Nan0807 said...

Such an elegant card! I love butterflies and use them often!

TK said...

Beautiful card for a wonderful cause!

{Chrissie} said...

Wow, those butterflies are truly stunning! Beautiful card!

Penelope said...

Those butterfies are WOW!

Marta said...

Nice combination of elements. I love all the different components.

Unknown said...

Thank you for taking the time to make such gorgeous cards for everyone to see! This card is so pretty! I love the stamp COMBOS that you used! Isn't it fun to think of those children being able to get such an important part of there education and future donated to them, by all of us! It is so exciting! BLESSINGS! Lisa

smile greeting cards said...

Amazing card! I love this! The butterflies look great and it looks like you put glossy accents on the dots of the chevon. You are definitely inspiring me! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

bbunch said...

Great card.