Monday, August 23, 2010

JustRite's Backyard Birds!

Hello again!!! I have a double post today!!! If you are here for Crafty Secrets.....just scroll down a bit! : )

JustRite has come out with some gorgeous new stamps and one of them is Backyard Birds! I chose the robin.....although I didn't color him anything like a robin......creative license right? I colored the image with Copics. (E31, E33, E35, E50, G82, YG63, YG95, YG03, Y32, BG10, BG0000, Bg32, v06, RV00)) The image was cut using a Spellbinder's circle. I backed the image with a small scalloped circle. The sentiment was stamped in Ripe Avocado by Papertrey Ink. It was cut out with two Spellbinder's circle dies. The edges were inked a bit. I cut a circle to 8 inches using my Cricut cartridge George & Basic Shapes. I cut the circle in half and then folded it in half again. I used my scalloped scissors to cut the edges. I also did lots of hand sewing on this card!
And of course what would a card be without some glitter on the bird or eggs? : )
JustRite will be showing their new sets all week, so be sure to check out the blog daily! Have a great rest of your Monday!!!

13 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Fabulous work!!!! Love the colors!!!

Wishing you a great week!!!

Chris said...

A beautiful card Michele and I love the rustic feel of it with the gorgeous shape and your stitching. Love your alternatively coloured robin too :D

Denise Marzec said...

LOL on the creative license thing...I just used this set today too and was thinking that I definitely didn't color mine very realistically....that's part of the fun of card making though, right? :) Gorgeous card, Michele!!

Unknown said...

Lovely card, Michele! Fun shape and beautiful all around!!

Willy's creations said...

Lovely card!

Hugs,Willy

Unknown said...

Gorgeous details! Love the diecutting and beautiful coloring. Love it!

Crystal said...

Great card Michele!!!

elpimpi said...

WOW! What a lovely card! What a shape and great stitching! What a fabulous colours! And this eggs! Just gorgeous!

Riet said...

So wonderful card Michele,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Clare said...

gorgeous, great coloring and I love the shape of the card!

Kathy Jones said...

I just love this card Michele!!! It is so creative to see this corner circle card and your bluebird is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Amy said...

Wow..so beautiful Michelle!

Rose Ann said...

This is so unique in design, and your coloring is beautiful!! Gorgeous card, Michele!!